thick and tangible
Friday, August 9
This super extended long weekend is turning out to be a lot more meaningful and blessed than I could've ever planned for or imagined. It's not even over yet, and there's still lots more to come! I'm sooooo looking forward to it all!
It all started on Wednesday night, when I was unexpectedly invited to attend the Zone Ministry Servers' meeting, since I'm now part of the Spark Act ministry. Woohoo! Finally get to attend! :D But before that, I met up with the head of Spark Act, where she totally blew me away with the amazing plans she has in store up till the end of the year. It's definitely going to be a busy time, but I'm just so excited for it all to begin! I really feel super at peace and rested with my decision to join this ministry. Not because of what she told me, but because the interaction with her and the rest of the ministry team members just felt so natural and easy! Like, I can really see this group of people becoming a family to me (: And they're all crazy drama people too, muahaha! SHO ECSITED!!! It did help, of course, that a good number of them are from my sister's CG too anyway, hehe (:
ANYWAY so after that I attended my first ever ZONE MINISTRY SERVERS' MEETING and it was so AWESOME! It feels pretty counter-intuitive actually, because normally you'd expect that an increase in commitment and stuff to do would make you go like, "Ah well, another of my evenings taken." But no, it's the exact opposite here. The more stuff I'm entitled to go for, the more excited I am, and it just invigorates me to serve and do so much more!
And the meeting was honestly very timely too - I hadn't realised till recently how frustrated I'd been with some things internally, and the worship session just touched me so much. Totally had a God encounter and teared - no, sobbed - through the last song to let it all out. Felt COMPLETELY at peace after that, which felt grrrreat! The sermon and anointing session was also a pretty good way to start my journey of serving, I think. Can't wait for what God has in store!
So the next day was the long-planned class outing with 6.01 Antioch! Was great fun meeting each other after such a long period! I think the last time we had a class party was in January, for the new year... Heh, that's quite long ago. But yea, had a good time of catchup with the folks - Jonlow, Jie Jun, Brandon, Martin. There were lots more there lah, but the seating arrangement made it hard to talk to the others.
This is totally random but I've found a new sense of appreciation for Tiankai. I know, we all used to get annoyed with the things he did, like calling the teacher to class when the teacher had forgotten about his lesson - any self-respecting ACSian would've happily enjoyed the free period! But after interacting with him much more, I really see his heart of gold. Like even the aforementioned example, it does take lots of guts to stick to what you believe and see it through despite what everyone around you says you should've done instead. And he sat down with me and helped clean my rifle together when I was in Taiwan as their enemy :') I'll honestly never ever forget that, especially since my fellow AFT guys just did a skimpy job on theirs and ditched me! But he sat there talking to me while we cleaned together! So nice of him! And I realised it's probably not very nice that we kept asking him to plan our class reunions just because he was our class chairman back then, so I offered to help out this time (: Seeing how much he appreciated it confirmed my suspicions that he was getting sian of always getting arrowed (heh, sorry!), and also showed that he's a real gentleman that knows how to properly express his gratitude even for the smallest things! I should totes write him a card for Christmas. Heh I'm so random. But yea, I should.
Anyway, I couldn't stay around for the movie (even though we saved $48 on the tickets purely using promotions and discounts - thank the combined aunty prowess of Martin and me!), because I had to rush off for my CG outing in Sengkang! Woohoo!
The LRT there is really confusing, honestly. And the place is super ulu. But we were doing pretty crazy stuff, so deserted was good because that meant there was nobody to compete with us for the public facility, and nobody to watch us go crazy :P Been praying for God to help me expand my social circle within the CG, so it was a really fruitful time getting to know more people! Yea, so many new people to get to know, while I'm still busy getting to know the older members, so it's pretty confusing, but I believe I'm making some great meaningful connections with people! And strengthening the already awesome ones, woohoo!
And well today, National Day, stayed home with the family and my grandfather who's down for a few weeks. We all watched NDP together, even though I hadn't been paying attention to the parade for the past few years. It was seriously good stuff though; I'm pleasantly surprised at how engaged and captivated I was watching the show for the entire duration of it! I was even disappointed that the Red Lions and their first Lioness weren't able to make the jump due to the low visibility... (I did not just say that!) But the quality of the show was seriously goooood! Kudos to Jack who's been busy planning and preparing for all this since aeons ago! Can't wait to finally see you again tomorrow!
Speaking of which, I'm meeting Klarissa and her boyfriend Shaun with 3 other fellow lampposts (wow... it's going to be very bright then!) - Jack, Jonlow, Jonwong - and eating and squashing! Can't wait!
Then on Sunday I'll be meeting Joshua Summmmm after first service for pre-lunch, then going for some meeting for the overseas students in my CG with Jared. Don't know what that's about, but still looking forward to any opportunity I can get to spend time with these people!
Really feeling His joy and love soooooo thick and tangibly right now! My heart just wells up with joy and bursts of energy every moment of the day, I'm not even exaggerating! Apparently I have complete disregard for proper formatting and English when that happens too, heh.
WHOOO!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
"Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday.
Today it is Friday, Friday.
[...]
Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes afterwards.
I don't want this weekend to end!"
-
Friday by Rebecca Black
AMEN;
11:56 pm